Family and Relationship Law


We all go through changes in our lives, and often, these changes can affect the relationships that we are in. When a couple decides to go their separate ways, there are important issues that need to be attended to, such as the welfare of children involved, distribution of assets, and each party’s entitlements.

Anthony Raso & Associates have more than 20 years of experience in family and defacto law. Our family lawyers are based in Scoresby, making it easy for residents in Dandenong, Glen Waverley Rowville and Ferntree Gully to visit us. We can advise what your entitlements are, providing you with all the options for your specific situation as well as obtaining the necessary Court Orders you require.

Divorce & De Facto Relationships

Divorce or the breakdown of a de facto relationship can be a messy affair, especially when there are children, property and other assets involved.

The court will be concerned about your children’s welfare and will assess according to the children’s best interest in the case of a divorce. On the other hand, all assets will be apportioned as part of a property settlement, which will be determined by several factors such as duration of the relationship or marriage and the future prospects of each party. Our lawyers can provide assistance with all matters in relation to the breakdown of the relationship.

Property Settlement

We can assist with all matters when it comes to a property settlement. Whether you decide to obtain a mutual settlement, or you’re unable to settle, our lawyers can guide you through the necessary processes and paperwork, as well as provide representation to help you achieve a desirable outcome.

Parental Agreement

As a necessary element of separation where children are part of the equation, our lawyers will handle the parental agreement with sensitivity and respect. While we understand that every situation is unique and has its own set of circumstances, we will determine an appropriate arrangement that puts your child’s best interests first.


Guardianship application can be made when it is necessary for a child or an elderly person to be in the care of another. Our family lawyers can assist you with the application for a guardianship arrangement to VCAT.

Power of Attorney

Our lawyers are happy to assist you with understanding and preparing an Enduring or Medical Power of Attorney document. These are legal documents that allow someone else to care for you or handle your affairs in the event that you are incapable due to an unsound mind.

If you’re in Rowville, Glen Waverley, Dandenong or Ferntree Gully and you require a trusted family lawyer to assist with any of the above issues, Anthony Raso & Associates can help. Contact us today by calling (03) 9763 6399 or get in touch through our online enquiry form.

play button
play video

Subscribe to our legal services newsletter